AIR offers a broad range of resources to support audio and media makers. Our members continually remind us that the most significant benefit of belonging to a vibrant community of talented audio makers through AIR's forums, AIRster's Slack, virtual mingles, co-working, trainings, and other AIR initiatives that bring our members together to advance their skills, collaborate and make their best work.
Here's what's included in your AIR membership
- A public-facing profile in the AIR Talent Directory to showcase your portfolio, audio skills, and experience.
- Access to AIR’s Community Forums for community discussions and resources delivered right to your inbox.
- Access to our AIRsters Community Slack channel to make introductions, share your work, and network with fellow audio makers.
- Invitations to community networking events including a monthly welcome workshop: Self Promotion for Independents and members-only virtual 24hr drop in co-working to meet members.
- Automatic emails about paid opportunities from our Job Board and delivered to your inbox.
- A free account on AIR's audio training platform SoundPath where we offer member discounts on webinars, classes, and one-on-one mentorship with impressive industry professionals.
- Find out first! There are limited spots available in our curated classes with leading industry pros. As an AIR member, you find out first! Pay attention to the forums to find out when classes open for AIR members before the general public.
- Access to Freelancer Tools to help you grow your knowledge and skills including unlimited access to past webinar recordings.
- An ever-growing list of discounts on industry software, tools and services, community events and more, all detailed below. Keep scrolling!
Discounts on Training
- On AIR's training platform for the audio industry, SoundPath, members have free access to live and recorded webinars, PLUS 25% off classes with world-class instructors, and 25% discounts on hourly mentoring services with industry professionals.
- Receive 10% off Salt Intensives at the Maine College of Art and Design in Continuing Education.
- Receive 10% off 1-3 hour classes at Radio Boot Camp.
Discounts on Tools & Subscriptions
- A 3-month trial of Hindenburg Journalist PRO and a discounted upgrade from Journalist to Journalist PRO. This updated 2.0 version comes with 30 hours of free transcription included in the trial.
- A 2-month free trial of Descript Pro worth $60. Descript is an all-in-one editing tool that makes editing audio and video as simple as editing text.
- Squadcast.fm offers studio-quality sound and video recording for podcast hosts and their guests. Members receive one month free of video and audio recording.
- Libsyn is a podcast hosting service offering AIR members up to 4-months of free service from Libsyn when they sign up for RSS feed. The discount includes 25% off your custom Podcast Website and access to the Libsyn Savings Marketplace, which includes tons of exclusive discounts and perks on podcasting equipment, retail discounts, travel, shopping, tickets and more. Visit Libsyn's Plans & Pricing and How to Start a Podcast pages to get the most out of your discount.
- Simplecast provides podcasters with industry-leading publishing, distribution, analytics and sharing tools. Members receive 20% off their subscriptions.
- 50% off discount on a subscription to the Current.org news source.
Discounts on Gear
- Sweetwater, Inc. offers members between 5 - 15% off gear depending on the product.
- Broadcast Supply Worldwide (BSW) offers members a 10% discount on headphones, Tascam and Zoom recorders.
Discounts on Events
- KCRW offers a 50% discount on Radio Race registration.
- The World According to Sound - 25% off their Annual Listening Series.
- Free admission to Resonate Conference 2023. November 3-5, 2023.
Discounts on Awards Submission Fees
- Receive 15% off submission fees for up to 20 submissions to the International Documentary Awards. Take advantage of this discount to apply for awards in the IDA's new audio documentary submission category.
Discounts on Networks
- Receive a 50% discount on a membership to The Podcast Academy.
- The Journalism and Women's Symposium (JAWS) and AIR have partnered to bring you reciprocal discounts on memberships. AIR members new to JAWS pay $35 for their first year of membership. JAWS members can redeem a discounted Professional membership for $65.
- The National Gay Lesbian Journalists Association (NLGJA) offers AIR members a 50% discount on their $75 membership.
Visit the members-only page for redemption information and promo codes to access your Membership Benefits.