Last modified: August 7, 2020
Children Under the Age of 18
The Website is intended only for access and use by individuals at least eighteen (18) years old and you are not allowed to use the Website or provide information on it if you are under 18 years of age. If we learn we have received personal information from or about someone under 18, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18 years old, please contact us immediately at [email protected].
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) you may only use the Website if you are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country.
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
Like most websites, we collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, phone number, address and e-mail address, when you enter it into the Website, such as by creating a profile, subscribing to our newsletter, or becoming a member (“personal information”);
- Information that you voluntarily enter, such as your searches on the Website and information you enter onto our forums and other participatory features;
- Information that is ascertained through our use of third-party applications, such as your user behavior and trends and your registration information for webinars and other online offerings on the Website;
- Information that allows us to charge you for services or items requested, such as credit card information and billing address when you sign up for a membership or otherwise make a purchase on the Website;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and Website usage details.
We collect this information in two ways:
- First, directly from you when you provide it to us, such as entering your information into a questionnaire provided to you on the Website, signing up for an account, or posting on a forum on the Website.
- Second, automatically as you navigate through the Website, such as usage details, IP addresses, web browser preferences, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. Although we do not correlate tracking information to individuals, some information collected, such as IP addresses, will be unique.
The information we collect is used by AIR to identify users and provide them with services, support, and billing, and to meet contractual obligations.
Forums, Profiles, and Other User Contributions
Depending on your member status, you may provide information that will be published, displayed, or posted on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”), such as by posting on forums or adding to your Website profile.
Your User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We reserve the right, at AIR’s sole discretion, to remove, either temporarily or permanently, any User Contribution for any reason whatsoever. However, our right to remove any User Contribution does not obligate us to police, review, or verify User Contributions in any way. We are not responsible or liable for any User Contributions.
Do Not Track Settings
AIR does not track its customers over time or across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party websites track your browsing activities when you use their websites so that they can tailor their content to your preferences. If you are visiting such sites, your web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To develop, provide, and improve the Website and its services to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve the accuracy and relevance of information or services that you request from us, such as using the zip code or postal code that you provide to produce nearby search results.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To maintain membership access and process payments.
Sharing and Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as Eventbrite, which processes registrations on the Website, and Neon, which manages credit card payments on our Website through vendors including Authorize.net, BluePay, and IATs.
- To other users on the Website if you include such information in your public profile or in a User Contribution, or otherwise choose to share it with them, and when you post a User Contribution we may include your name and/or email address with such User Contribution and any communication related thereto.
- To other users to the extent that information about you is shared by someone else on the Website.
- To a buyer or other successor if AIR was sold and user information is part of the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, such as if you include personal information on your user profile so other users can search for you, we will post that information in the manner you entered it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To third party contractors in order to analyze Website performance and user behavior and/or to improve the Website.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of AIR, our members, other Website users, or others.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested, such as a membership, or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from AIR.If you do not wish to have your contact information used by AIR to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to AIR as a result of a registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change the personal information you have entered into your profile by logging into the Website and visiting your profile page. You can edit or remove information that you post on a forum page directly on that page. You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, including in your profile or on a forum. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
Transferring your information
AIR is a worldwide service. By using the Website, you authorize us to transfer and store your information outside your home country, including in the United States, for the purposes described in this policy. The privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in these countries may not be the same as in your home country. We take additional measures when information istransferred from the European Economic Area (EEA). This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access. For example, access by a user to some of their personal information is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by the user. Most information is encrypted through the Website with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL) and is also encrypted when it is stored by us to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing such information. Also, we perform regular malware scanning of the Website and all servers and computers used by us to support the Website. All AIR employees are required to adhere to our security and confidentiality procedures and undergo training related to maintaining the security of user personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
You have options in relation to the information and data that we have about you. To exercise any of the options discussed below, please contact us at [email protected]. If you’re an EEA user, or other user that wishes to do any of the below, you may:
- Access the information we have about you. We’ll will make an effort to share this information with you within a reasonable time.
- Have your information corrected or deleted.
- Object to us processing your information. You can ask us to stop using your information, including when we use your information to send you marketing emails or push notifications. We only send you marketing material if you've agreed to it, but if you'd rather we don't, you can easilyunsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you, or by emailing us at the email address above.
- Withdraw your consentfor us to collect and process your personal information at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Have the information you provided to us sent to another organization, where we hold this informationwith your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
- Complain to a regulator. If you're based in the EEA and think that we haven't complied with data protection laws, you have a right to lodge a complaint with theData Protection Commissionin Irelandor with your local supervisory authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Third Party Links
The Website contains links that lead to other websites, and AIR is not responsible for the privacy practices, content, and/or activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Website and welcome any feedback about these external websites.