AIR Community Forums are where AIR members share, engage and build community while discussing audio making, public media, and storytelling. AIR Community Forums (formerly “AIRdaily”) are opt-in forums based on location or interest and are moderated by AIR staff who know and love our industry. The AIR community is made up of freelancers, journalists, podcasters, audio makers, storytellers, editors and more.
Using AIR Community Forums
Review our guide to using the forums for practical guidance on how the forums work.
AIR Community Forum is a community gathering space. Collectively, we make this a productive space to develop our ideas, cultivate careers, and grow as audio professionals and media colleagues.
- Please treat the community with respect and professionalism. Treat other AIR members with the same respect you’d want in return. Hostile, degrading or dismissive language will not be tolerated.
- Keep your posts to questions and issues that are of interest to the audio producers, reporters and engineers who make up our community. AIR community forums are not a space for general musings. AIR Community Forums are not a sale, promotion, or marketing tool. It’s fine to let others know what you’re working on, but please no sales pitches or repetitive offers, etc.
- Before you post to the forum, do check previously published topics to avoid repetitive posts.
- Do not post jobs, grants or fellowship opportunities in the forums. Visit the Jobs and Trainings tab and post your opportunity accordingly.
- Tape sync requests should be posted to the Tape Sync forum. Members who are looking for tape sync opportunities can subscribe for immediate updates.
- Be conscious about posting more than once a day. Your message reaches the mailboxes of hundreds of people each time you post. If you find yourself apologizing for the frequency of your posts, it might be a sign that you are posting too frequently.
- Do not share, publish or forward any messages in the community forums without the permission of the sender. If you’d like to use the AIR Community Forums for discussion for educational purposes, seek permission from the people you want to quote directly.
- The forum is for current AIR members in good standing. If you let your membership lapse or you will lose access to the space.
- At this time, the forums do support links but not attachments.
Members who consistently fail to observe these guidelines will be reminded by the AIR staff. Repeat offenders, at AIR’s discretion, may be removed from forums.