- Chicago, IL
Jenny is available forEditing, showrunning, strategic planning, piloting + new project development, teaching + mentorship.
I have two decades of experience in serialized narrative, daily news, investigations, talk, arts programming, comedy, and more. I'm most proud of the teams I've led, and of the processes we've built together to enable us to flourish.
As Managing Editor of WNYC Studios, I developed and edited some of the industry’s most acclaimed podcasts, including La Brega, More Perfect, Blindspot: Tulsa Burning and The Road to 9/11, Nancy, The Anthropocene Reviewed, Scattered, A Piece of Work, and many others. Before that, I served as Executive Producer for public radio’s premier arts and culture program, Studio 360 with Kurt Andersen.
I started recording interviews as a Watson Fellow in India and Spain, researching the origins of flamenco dance. I cut my teeth in journalism at Chicago Public Radio, where I filed stories on culture, politics, technology, and the environment for WBEZ News, NPR's Morning Edition, PRI's The World, and more.
- Voice Coaching
- Story Editing
- Sound Design
- Show Development
- Logistics and Coordination
- Field Recording
- Field Producing
- Managing Editor at WNYC Studios
- Senior Editor at WNYC Studios
- Executive Producer at Studio 360
- Assistant Arts Editor / Producer at WBEZ-Chicago Public Radio
- Instructor, Cultural Reporting & Criticism at New York University
- Fellow, ONA-Poynter Leadership Academy for Women in Digital Media at The Poynter Institute
- Fellow, NEA/Arts Journalism Institute at University of Southern California
- Fellow, Thomas J. Watson Fellowship at The Watson Foundation