- Brooklyn, NY
Jacob is available forI’ve been working in and around digital audio – which is to say, podcasts – for a decade: on audience research, analytics, monetization, growth, and strategy. I won’t make your podcast for you (I know who could) but I can talk to you about pretty much everything else with regards to digital audio. Namely
-Should I/my company have a podcast? Or engage in the audio space in some way?
-What would that look/sound like?
-How will that support business goals?
-What would it take to get it done?
If you are thinking about audio in any way, and there’s a question mark at the end of those thoughts – let’s talk.
I'm a freelance podcast consultant and Audience Strategist and Head of Business Development for Audiation. I’ve
- worked with major national publishers to establish their audio strategy, both editorial and business;
- helped agencies establish a podcast production capability;
- worked with major audio startups on their audience approach and metrics;
- worked with major national brands and nonprofits to tell their stories via audio;
- led research on best practices in audio preservation;
- worked with universities on producing podcasts;
- worked with international news organizations and public radio stations on auditing and assessing their analytics and strategy.
- Show Development
- Audience Development
- Manager of Digital Analytics at WNYC (2014)
- Head of Digital Analytics at New York Magazine (2016)
- Director, Data Science and Analytics at Megaphone (neé Panoply) (2017)