Jennie Cataldo is an award-winning radio and podcast producer living in San Francisco. She studied the art of radio and audio production at San Francisco State University, where she graduated with honors and received a Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast and Electronic Communication Arts in 2012.
Jennie has been mentored in all aspects of radio and podcast production by renowned radio pioneer Ben Manilla. She joined Ben’s company BMP Audio in 2011 and became the lead producer of Elwood’s BluesMobile Radio Program hosted by Dan Aykroyd in 2013. Elwood’s BluesMobile is the longest running syndicated Blues radio program in history, with weekly 2-hour and 1-hour versions, as well as daily short forms. Jennie led production of all elements of the program and associated productions through its final broadcast in 2017. Jennie helped develop and launch C.C. Rider the Venerator, a short form radio series accompaniment to Elwood’s BluesMobile.
Jennie has continued to produce a variety of audio content at BMP, including commercial and public radio programs, documentaries, short form series, specials and podcasts. The range of subjects in which she has produced programs includes health, science, technology, culture, history, and music. Her productions have aired on national and international networks. She has worked with celebrity host talent such as Dan Aykroyd, Susan Sarandon, and Reid Hoffman. Jennie has personally conducted hundreds of interviews with critically acclaimed recording artists, authors, critics, historians, and academic experts. She has worked with clients such as the United States Library of Congress and the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Her work has been recognized yearly at the International Radio Festival since 2015, where she has also served as a Grand Jury member and presenter.
Her interests include (and are certainly not limited to), oral histories of music, histories of cultural icons and events, cultural criticism and analysis, comedy, literature, narrative nonfiction, and record collecting
- Tape Syncs
- Story Editing
- Sound Design
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Logistics and Coordination
- Field Recording
- Field Producing
- Fact Checking
- Audio Engineering
- Producer, The Sounds of America on 1A at BMP Audio, U.S. Library of Congress (Current)
- Producer, Voices in the Hall: A Podcast Presented by the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum at BMP Audio, The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum (Current)
- Sound Designer, The Science of Happiness at BMP Audio, U.C. Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center (Current)
- Recording Engineer, Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman at BMP Audio, WaitWhat (Current)
- Producer, Inside the National Recording Registry on Studio 360 at BMP Audio, U.S. Library of Congress (2019)
- Senior Producer, Elwood's BluesMobile Radio Hour hosted by Dan Aykroyd at BMP Audio (2017)
- Senior Producer, C.C. Rider the Venerator at BMP Audio (2017)
- Producer, The Science of Gratitude at BMP Audio, U.C. Berkeley's Greater Good Science Center (2015)
- Associate Producer, The Jimi You Never Knew: People, Hell and Angels at BMP Audio (2013)