- Greensboro, NC
Brian is available forI'd be an excellent fit for teams looking for a single resource who can provide engineering, editing, original music/scoring, sound design, mixing, and mastering of a memorable sonic experience. I own and operate a full service one-stop-shop of a recording studio in downtown Greensboro, NC but am available for travel as needed. Whether I'm mixing, editing, scoring, or recording, I am equipped to start and finish a project with taste, fluency, and speed.
I've been writing, recording, and mixing music for other people since my high school days with a cassette 4 track in NYC. I have since worked in my own and other established studios on records for labels such as Sub Pop, Merge, Matador, Mexican Summer, and 3 Lobed. I also have extensive voice recording and editing experience with tech companies such as Lenovo and Nutanix.
I own my own studio in downtown Greenboro, NC and could potentially wear all of the audio hats for your project. A one stop shop from editing field recordings and interviews to scoring original music and sound design all the way to mixing and mastering a final project. I also enjoy teaching in the sonic arts and have a handful of private students that use my studio as a home base classroom with areas of study that range from technical recording practices all the way to modern composition and synthesis.
A favorite collaboration piece of mine. I worked with a visual artist who travelled around the desert and collected some beautiful moments on film and created an auditory aesthetic that matched his vision utilizing old ribbon microphones, antiquated answering machine recorder loops, and mechanical reverb chambers and spring tanks to create a feeling of another version of coldwar history that never happened. I composed, engineered, mixed, and produced this piece. It was released as an LP in 2018 on No Rent Records.
I wrote and recorded the original score and sound design for this Emmy nominated short film last year. The score, mirroring the story, finds middle ground between western equal temperament music and eastern Just intonation modes. I especially enjoyed using analog synthesis as raw waves of sound without attachment to one region or another. A truly bespoke box of crayons that followed Sam's journey.
- Sound Design
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Logistics and Coordination
- Field Recording
- Field Producing
- Audio Engineering
- Full featured recording and mix studio running Reaper, Logic, and Protools.
- Extensive mic closet with everything from a rebuilt vintage U67 to modern orchestral stereo ribbon mics by Samar.
- Truly hybrid recording style with a Yamaha DM3 as the central hub. Mic preamps and EQ's by Phoenix Audio, Sebatron, and Cranborne.
- Extensive collection of vintage and modern hardware effects by OTO, Eventide, Dynacord, Strymon, and a love of physical reverbs (springs, plates, rooms)
- Analog and digital synths, modular synths, Hammond organ, pianos, woodwinds, pedal steel, and too many guitars and amps to list.
- Monitoring by Focal, Hedd, and AKG
- Orchestral and sound design instruments by Slate and Ash and Native Instruments