- Bridgehampton, NY
Tony is available forCoaching/consulting/mentorship and sound design.
High-end audio editing and assembly/mixing…
• Editor for Peabody Award-winning multi-part documentary, Pushkin Industries, Here’s The Thing with Alec Baldwin, Bloomberg News, SiriusXM, Sony.
Immersive sound design & mixing in Dolby Atmos…
• Working with a high-profile sound designer & Atmos mixer.
Scriptwriting, content dev and story editing…
• Taught at Columbia University graduate J-school, founding co-director of PodcastFellows.org, working with independents and corporations.
Available for voice-over & VO coaching…
• Voice artist and longtime SAG-AFTRA member.
Available for "tape" syncs (Suffolk County, eastern Long Island, NY).
Also able to relocate, as needed, for short or long-term projects.
- Fact Checking
• Leading content development in podcasting since 2004.
• Achieved millions of downloads for podcasts produced as division head at Bloomberg News.
• Founding co-creator, PodcastFellows.org: the world’s first academic program in podcast training & development.
• Lead editor for 2004 Peabody Award-winning 11-part documentary “Leonard Bernstein: An American Life.”
- Co-founder and co-director of PodcastFellows.org at Stony Brook University, 2018-2022: the first global, dual-semester academic training and development program, teaching audio storytelling and production.
- Content leadership and development roles have included Bloomberg News (creator & head of podcasting; launch team for mobile and OTT apps), SiriusXM (launch team producer), Sony In-Flight Audio Entertainment (launch team partner/producer), the Peabody Award-winning, long-form public radio documentary series Leonard Bernstein: An American Life by Steve Rowland (lead editor), Long Island Public Radio (news director), as well as commercial radio (on-air host).
- Clients have included Pushkin Industries (audiobook), Here’s The Thing with Alec Baldwin (back catalog repurposing), Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai (new podcast development), Live365 (station programming), plus Conde Nast, TIME, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Now What? with Carole Zimmer, and authors and essayists (new podcast development).
- Creating, producing, editing & mixing podcasts since 2004; several decades of audio & music production.
- Voiceover for Podcast, Radio & TV (AFTRA/SAG).
- Adjunct Professor, Columbia University's Graduate School of Journalism.
- Vice President/Board of Directors, AIRmedia.
- Advisory Committee Member, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs, Workshop for Ethics in Business.
- Awards Screener, duPont-Columbia University Awards.
- Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland: Linguistics
- Berklee College of Music, Boston, MA, USA: Music Production & Engineering
Led a team in creating and wire-framing "Homemade Histories”: a mobile app solution. This would allow oral histories—personal, familial and communal—to be recorded and interactively re-mixed collaboratively with NYPL histories for streams, podcasts, social media. These newly remixed histories could be shared for future collaborators to build upon and re-mix, extending NYPL's rich repository beyond its current confines, across generations—the present with the past—and throughout the world.
Principal editor for Peabody Award-winning 11-part public radio documentary by Steve Rowland (“Time Out of Joint: Teaching Shakespeare in Prison,” "Miles Davis Radio Project," “Tell Me How Long Trane’s Been Gone,” “Frank Zappa: American Composer,” “Hip-Hop 101: On the Road with the Roots”). Worked with original interviews as well as archival recordings from the Library of Congress and the Bernstein Estate. Narrated by Susan Sarandon and features additional narration by Nina Bernstein, Alec Baldwin, among others. Featured interviews include John Adams, Humphrey Burton, Betty Comden and Adolph Green, John Corigliano, Michael Feinstein, Lukas Foss, Marian McPartland, George Plimpton, Ned Rorem, Stephen Sondheim, and many others. Series first aired on The WFMT Fine Arts Network and over 700 stations across North America. It continues to be re-broadcast regularly on public radio.
Solo produced, shot, recorded and edited short-form segments for Bloomberg TV+ mobile app and OTT platforms. Representative sample: NY Giants Entertainment Vice President and Executive Producer Don Sperling speaking with Bloomberg's Dominic Chu about the team's social media initiatives, at Bloomberg Social Media Week in New York City. Sourced from available Flash media (low res).
Created, launched and produced shows as the Head of Podcasting, beginning in 2006. Achieved 6.6 million monthly downloads, surpassing WSJ by 300%. • Occupied up to 20% of iTunes’ Top 25 Business News podcasts. • Led the development of 20-plus consumer-focused podcasts. • Oversaw BusinessWeek audio and video podcasts upon acquisition. Shows included: On The Economy with Tom Keene (consistently top-ranked at iTunes Business News) • Analysts’ Calls • Bloomberg Law • Middle East Focus • Consumer-focused Reviews. Attracted a broad advertising portfolio including high-profile financial and luxury brands: Allianz • Microsoft • Pitney Bowes • Porsche • Vanguard Financial Advisors and others.
- Voice Coaching
- Tape Syncs
- Story Editing
- Sound Design
- Show Development
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Logistics and Coordination
- Field Recording
- Fact Checking
- Pro Tools, Hindenburg, GarageBand
- Plug-ins: Waves, iZotope, more
- Audient iD14, Yamaha HS5
- Condenser mics: Audio Technica 4050 plus Kaotica Eyeball, pair of Sennheiser ME64 cardioid condensers
- Zoom H5 with stereo X-Y