Jim is available forAvailable for any part of a project from conceptualization to post production, or a project as a whole.
Available for tape syncs in Maine.
I've been connected with non-commercial radio for many years, including stints managing WBFO in Buffalo and WXPN in Philadelphia, and helping to get WERU in Maine on the air where I still volunteer. Locally, I work with non-profits helping them to tell their stories effectively using modes and skills learned from working as a communication contractor with some of the country's largest corporations. I write grant applications for non-profits and have a good track record of awards. Have reasonable subject matter expertise in science and technology topics, health care, American history and civics, spatial and other kinds of information science and engineering, traditional and distance education issues, language and communication, marketing design, non-proft organizational structure and operations, and environmental and land use issues.
And I know a lot of jokes - not as many as Larry Josephson, but a lot.
- Tape Syncs
- Story Editing
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Grant Writing
- Field Recording
- Field Producing
- Audio Engineering
- Solid state field recorders - Marantz, Zoom.
- HD Video recording equipment
- High end video production programs
- Numerous audio editing programs: Hindenberg,,Twisted Wave, Amadeus, etc.
- Small recording Studio
- Shotgun, cardiod, and omni directional studio and field mics, wireless mics
- Cassette Recorder
- Reel to Reel Tape Recorder/Player
- DAT Recorder