Jake is available forPodcast Production
Web Content Management
From both my full home studio and portable recording, mixing, and sound design rig I can provide quick turnarounds (36 hours max) on nearly all length edits, sound designs, and scoring. I bring to each project open ears and a deep belief in collaboration, seeking not to impress my own sonic ideas on a project but rather explore what each project is trying to speak and how I can sonically help you reach that goal.
I am deeply interested in the power of sound and the merging of language and sound/music to tell stories. I work towards this goal as a Producer of Podcasts, Narrative Audio, and Radio Programs; as Sound Designer for Theatre, Film, Podcasts, and Multimedia; and as an Interdisciplinary Composer/Writer/Producer.
Text-music works include The Forgotten Suite (2021), Empty Gestures (2021) performed with the Invoke String Quartet, i’ve heard you had loved me (2022) performed with Ashley Bathgate (cello and voice), and the interdisciplinary ensemble, Small Giants with Actor/Directors Matt Bowdren and Sarah Grant.
Concert works have been performed by the Loadbang Ensemble, Kite Quartet, Outlet Trio and members of the Instant Composer’s Pool (NL) and Creative Music Studio (NY). In 2018 I was named the “Maverick Prodigy Composer” by the Maverick Concert Hall in New York and awarded a 2020 Composer's Fellowship by the Vermont College of Fine Arts.
I hold a BA in English and an MFA in Music Composition.
- Voice Coaching
- Tape Syncs
- Story Editing
- Sound Design
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Logistics and Coordination
- Grant Writing
- Field Recording
- Field Producing
- Audio Engineering
- Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Adobe Audition, Descript, IpDTL, CleanFeed, QLab
- Sound Designer for Theatre at Haven Theatre, Redtwist Theatre, The Story Theatre, A Theatre In The Dark, Trap Door Theatre, The Passage Theatre, 2nd Story, Oakton College, Stage Left Theatre, Oak Park Theatre Festival, Jagriti Theatre (Bangalore, India), and many others
- Sound Designer/Composer for Film at ZombieCop Productions
- Podcast Producer and Editor at RadioMD
- Podcast Producer and Editor at The Rogue Podcast for The Rogue Theatre
- Audio Production Fellow at Vermont College of Fine Arts
- Morning Edition Producer at Northeast Public Radio