LanguagesFluent in spoken Spanish, conversant in French
D. is available forProducing, Hosting, Interviewing, Scripting, Editing, Scoring, Composing, Voice Over, Audio Engineering
D. Orxata (they/them) is creating engaging audio content with organizations working to uplift historically marginalized communities. Hailing from the border cities of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, they are currently based in the Greater Boston area.
D. is the current producer and host for Queer Joy, a new podcast series by Homoground featuring musicians sharing music and personal narratives describing what queer joy means to them. D. hosts and moderates live virtual events for Homoground, and is also their mixtape coordinator.
An accomplished singer, songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist, they've honed their composition and storytelling skills while touring as one half of the genderless/genreless duo FBGM. D. knows how to make the listener feel like a longtime friend, and is adept at navigating complex topics with gentle humor and kindness. They produce original electronic and chiptune music, experimenting with sound design and themes for videogames and stories that don't exist.
D. is an audio engineer for sustainable apparel companies, with a current focus on commercials meant for broadcast on streaming services such as Hulu. Along with ensuring proper audio mixing and loudness levels, they provide sound design, foley, sfx, and vocal processing/repair services. D. is also a culture and music consultant, and recently hosted a masterclass on Texas/Mexico border music history for an upcoming animation based on an award-winning children's book series in pre-production for Silvergate Media, LLC. A guest columnist for Performer Magazine, their article “5 Things Every Synth Novice Should Know” was the featured cover piece for the magazine’s special synthesizer issue.
Prior to the pandemic, D. partnered with local Massachusetts cities and towns to build large-scale community ofrendas for Día de Muertos. They also volunteered with local after-school services for middle to high school aged members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Contact D. via email at: [email protected]
- Story Editing
- Sound Design
- Show Development
- Scrubbing and Audio Editing
- Audio Engineering
- Mic: Samson Technologies Q2U USB/XLR dynamic microphone with desktop stand and windscreen
- Interface: Focusrite Scarlet 3rd Gen 2i2
- Headphones: Beyerdynamic Closed-back 80Ω Ref Headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
- DAWs: Logic (primary for podcast production), Ableton Live (primary for music composition), Garageband, Audacity
- Processing: iZotope RX9
- Guitars: Gibson SG Standard T, '85 Squier Bullet 1, Fender acoustic parlor, Fender Mustang bass
- Analog Synths: Realistic Concertmate MG-1 (Moog), Korg Monologue, Korg Volca Kick
- Computer: MacBook Pro M1
- Producer, Host, Interviewer, Moderator at Homoground (Ongoing)
- Audio Engineer at Janji, LLC (October 2022)
- Singer/Songwriter & Composer at Self (Ongoing)
- Music Consultant at Silvergate Media, LLC (October 2021)