- New York, NY
- Astoria, NY
Anna is available forreporting/producing/editing stories
thinking through structure/character/themes/scenes in narrative audio projects
In 2019, I produced the first-ever podcast dissertation to earn my Ph.D. in English from the University of Iowa. Titled "My Gothic Dissertation," the project weaves together personal narrative, interviews with peers and scholars, dramatized scenes from Gothic novels, and traditional academic research to compare being in grad school to being trapped in a Gothic novel. During grad school, I interned at Iowa Public Radio, where I produced and co-hosted the podcast Lit City -- an exploration of the sights, sounds, and stories that made Iowa City the first UNESCO City of Literature in America. I now live in NYC and work as a freelance podcast producer.
Weekly interview podcast hosted by Steve Forbes. Covers economics, business, politics, and even a little pop culture. As lead producer, I pitched and booked guests, led in-studio and remote recording sessions, edited tape, pitched and scripted new segments, wrote metadata and scheduled episodes in Art19, and delivered digital assets to Forbes teams for marketing.
A 10-episode season documenting the experiences of Queens residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. Queens Memory is a nonprofit oral history archive supported by the Queens Public Library and Queens College. As producer and editor for "The Borough We Became," I pitched and produced segments, wrote scripts, and assembled episodes in collaboration with a team of other Queens audio folks.
- Field Producing
- Field Recording
- Logistics and Coordination
- Show Development
- Sound Design
- Story Editing
- TASCAM DR40-X
- RODE NGT2
- ProTools 12
- Writer, Producer, Editor, Queens Memory podcast at Queens Public Library | Queens College ((current))
- Producer, What's Ahead with Steve Forbes at Forbes Media | Spoke Media (March 2020)
- Producer, Lit City / Production Assistant, Talk of Iowa and River to River at Iowa Public Radio (September 2017)
- Graduate Instructor, Rhetoric and The Interpretation of Literature at University of Iowa (June 2019)