September 25, 2017—AIR’s talented network makes audio that illuminates the beautiful corners of our globe. In honor of International Podcast Day this September 30th, we’re paying it forward to help a special audio project shine even brighter. Enter our inaugural Twitter contest for tailored, professionally designed podcast art by the genius illustrator for radio Cal Tabuena-Frolli!
Tweet from anywhere in the world anytime on September 30th to nominate a podcast that you think deserves some visual flair from Cal. It could be a lesser-known show that is developing its visual footprint, or it could be a specific episode from an emerging show that hit you right in the feels. Your nomination could give a leg up to makers with a developing visual foundation, which they’ll work with Cal directly to develop. Let’s pay it forward!
When you tweet to nominate a podcast, you’ll also be entered to win a one-year producer membership to AIR for new or renewing AIRsters, and a free subscription to Hindenburg Journalist PRO. The nominated podcast will also receive the membership to AIR and the subscription to Hindenburg. It’s a win-win!
How To Enter:
Your tweet is your raffle ticket. Anytime on September 30th (but not before!), wherever you are in the world, reply to this tweet with:
- The @twitterhandle of the podcast you’d like to nominate. If the show in question doesn’t have a Twitter presence, tweet the @handle of the maker(s) and give the complete title so we can find it on the interwebs. Include a link to their website if you can.
- If it’s a specific episode, designate it with the appropriate episode number or title. For example, @AIRstreamExchange #19: “Risk-Taking in Your Career”
- We know character limits on Twitter are tough, but try to use the tweet to tell us why you nominated that particular show and/or what visual element you’d suggest for it!
@AIRmedia AIR’s @AIRstreamExchange is rich in sound but poor in look! Taught me to be a better producer—it needs a logo! https://airmedia.org/programs/airstream-exchange/
Conditions to Enter:
- You may be professionally affiliated with the show you’re nominating. The spirit of the contest is celebrating podcasting work, regardless of whether you’re a maker or a fan.
- Only one entry per handle nominating. If the same Twitter user nominates multiple shows, we’ll only count your first nomination tweet.
- The podcast should still be producing new episodes. Nostalgia runs deep, but this contest is all about applauding and encouraging makers to keep at it!
- Reply to the tweet—don’t retweet or quote tweet it! We’ll only consider nominations from the original reply, not the number of quote tweets or retweets the nomination gets.
- You must submit the nomination sometime on September 30th to be considered. The fine print: that’s between 12AM LINT (Line Islands Time, UTC+14) and 11:59PM AoE (Anywhere on Earth time, UTC-12).
- We will pick one random winner on Monday, October 2nd and announce the winner on Twitter, after which we’ll follow up with the makers to connect them to Cal Tabuena-Frolli for the design work.
- Questions? Email Marketing and Comms Manager Kate Krosschell at email@example.com
More on Cal Tabuena-Frolli:
Cal Tabuena-Frolli is an illustrator working exclusively for public radio and independent podcasts. Cal has illustrated for Ear Hustle, Love+Radio, and 91.7 KALW. More of his work can be viewed on his personal site, www.tabuenafrolli.com.
More on International Podcast Day:
International Podcast Day is focused on bringing more visibility to podcasting and promoting the growing digital media worldwide. The day-long event and celebration takes place each year on September 30, with live-streamed events and resources throughout the day, bringing in podcasters from nearly 40 countries. For more information visit https://internationalpodcastday.com/.