Articles

East Coast, West Coast, Third Coast

by Bec Feldhaus Adams
AIR Talent Director

Buckle up, AIRsters: There will be nearly 250 of us in Chicago next week — that’s 44 percent of the attendees, a record turnout. The question is: Does the other 56 percent know what it’s missing? 
 
We’ve got a new pin for you. Come by the table to pick it up, say hello to the new staff, and meet our New Voices scholars.

And there are a few key AIR events for your calendar (open to everyone):

 
• Speed Meet with Davia Nelson and Mooj Zadie: Friday, Nov. 7 from 2:30-4pm (Sauganash Theater).

Connect with producers and editors in two-minute, guided introductions. Bring a little gumption and a lot of good energy. 

 
• Getting to Yes: The Art of the Pitch with Ann Heppermann, Saturday from 4-5:15pm; Sunday from 9-10:15am (LaSalle, 15th floor).

Come watch AIRsters sell their stories to the best editors in the business in front of a live audience. A bona fide Third Coast tradition.

 
• Personal editing and engineering sessions.  First come, first served sign-up sheets at the AIR table.

• You’ll get 20 minutes of one-on-one time with editors from “All Things Considered,” “This American Life,” “Unfictional,” “Radiotonic,” “Latino USA”, “The World”, and “Radiolab.”

• Rob Byers (APM/MPR) is on deck for 30-minute sessions to help you get the most out of your gear and software.  (Rob will have a laptop, but it’s best if you bring your own editing software or audio gear for the consultation.) Also, check out “Listen Like an Engineer,” the first installment of his “Ask the Engineer” column for us.

Social:  Join our chorus with #AIRster and #tc2014 on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.

 
For the full line-up of conference details, click here.
 
See you there!