AIR is a resource network for independent podcasters, storymakers, and journalists who power public media. We are a pipeline for new and diverse media talent, known for our talent-matching and recruitment services, as well as our New Voices scholarship program, which identifies and nurtures emerging talent. AIR’s national “Localore: Finding America” production showcases new work from some of our most brilliant talent and station partners who are driving innovation across public media. The AIRDaily forum is a gathering place where professionals share jobs, advice, technical problems and community, and its Talent Directory and Pitch Page match talent to opportunities.
The Membership Coordinator (MC) is AIR’s membership contact for the organization’s network of producers. As a critical arm of AIR’s engagement strategy, the MC works to support membership and programming. The MC has a view of both public media and the larger media ecosystem where producers operate. The MC brings the network’s thoughts into dialog with staff and keeps a finger on the pulse of what inspires, concerns, or motivates AIR’s network. The MC reports to AIR’s Engagement Strategist and works in collaboration with the Program Director and other staff as needed. This is a full-time, remote-friendly position at 40 hours/week to start on November 12, 2019. All interested applicants may apply by October 13, 2019 by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintains CMS, including renewal notifications and payment processes, updating fields, pulling reports as needed;
- Develops and reports on strategy to cultivate different cohorts within the network through AIRdaily campaigns, social media initiatives, blog posts, and beyond, including:
- Interact with AIR producers on the AIRdaily forum regularly to foster conversation,
- Produce quarterly reports to track social media engagement
- Contribute to AIR’s blog through researched posts, Q&A’s, etc.
- Write copy and other assets for social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) to cross promote editorial content
- Schedule and hold orientation calls to provide an overview of the scope of AIR’s activities, programs, and benefits including but not limited to:
- connect members to other AIR staffers based on career goals;
- potential for AIR to match with organizations looking for talent;
- determine how the producer found out about AIR;
- give instructions on website use;
- assess the potential for members to participate in AIR programming e.g. as session panelists, conference ambassadors, webinar hosts, blog contributors, etc.
- Primary contact for producers when they have questions concerning website technical difficulties, membership details, or payments;
- Works with AIR’s Engagement Strategist to implement new editorial campaigns, including drafting and overseeing all copy to ensure consistent organizational tone and style, commissioning original articles or reading lists, research, and responding to outside communication;
- Manages content updates to the AIRdaily Maintains all digital mailing subscription lists
- Support programmatic logistics including mingles, workshops, trainings
Compensation: Pay is commensurate with experience and skills brought by the right candidate. Compensation includes benefits (medical, dental, vision, and 401k). AIR is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. AIR is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic organization and strongly encourages those from underrepresented groups to apply.