Why Join AIR?
Thanks so much for your interest in AIR.
Our members continually remind us that the most significant benefit of belonging to AIR is the feeling of community they experience through the AIRdaily discussion list, mingles, and other AIR initiatives that bring our members together across the world. You can take a look the range of services and resources to support the individual maker below.
Send us an email at email@example.com if you’d like to set up a time to talk about how AIR will benefit you.
For more than 25 years, AIR has helped to prepare thousands of audio creatives across the nation with the skill and confidence to lead the way to engaging more listeners, and to carry their inspiration to both traditional and emerging outlets. AIR also serves as an important advocate, representing media producers at decision-making tables throughout the industry.
Looking to give the gift of AIR? Send a membership to that audio-lover in your life.
AIR producers enjoy the following benefits:
- Access to AIR’s “inner sanctum”—the AIRdaily—a 24/7 social/professional network. With this list you can solve your technical problems, find tape synchs, and share your joy/pain.
- Access to members-only live-streamed AIRstream Exchanges
- Profile page in AIR’s Talent Directory, which is a destination resource for stations, networks, and other leading media acquisition groups
- Scholarships and stipends for selected industry events.
- One-on-one professional mentoring and training intensives.
- Strategic consultation
- Discounts on industry software and tools
- Support for regional audio groups
Student: 1 year: $45
Individual Producer: 1 year: $125 / 2 years: $225
Company/Station: Budgets more than $500,000: 1 yr: $320 / 2 yrs $576
Company/Station: Budgets less than $500,000 : 1 yr: $200 / 2 yrs $360
Network: 1 year: $2,000
Strategic Partner: $10,000 (Please contact us directly for more information.)
- Two-year memberships enjoy a 10 percent discount.
- Company/Stations with budgets under $500k may have two staff persons access all AIR benefits, including the AIRdaily.
- Company/Stations with budgets over $500k may have three staff persons access all AIR benefits, including the AIRdaily.
- Networks may have fifteen staff persons access all AIR benefits, including the AIRdaily.
- Individual memberships are non-transferable.
If your work is outside of the scope of AIR but are with us in spirit, please take a moment to make a contribution. Your generosity directly supports and strengthens the work of our members, and also advances the important service AIR provides to producers and to the media industry at large.
Need more? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIR producers enjoy member discounts in partnership with the following organizations:
Hindenburg Journalist PRO
A 3-month trial of Hindenburg Journalist PRO (only once per member), the purchase of Hindenburg Journalist PRO at a discounted rate of $300, or an upgrade from Journalist to PRO at a discounted rate of $215. AIRsters may request access to the form here.
Walterry Insurance Brokers
Preferred rates on Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance.
AIRdaily conversations have bubbled in recent months with questions about liability insurance for independent audio-makers. In response, AIR is pleased to announce that we have partnered with Walterry Insurance Brokers to secure an AIRsters-only preferred rate on Chubb’s MediaGuard Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance for broadcasters and podcasters.
Journalism & Women Symposium
46% off JAWS membership for women-identifying AIRsters.
To officially launch Power of Word, AIR’s initiative to advocate for women producers in the time of #MeToo, we’re introducing a new partnership with the Journalism and Women Symposium, a collective working toward the professional and personal growth of women in the field.
15% off radio storytelling workshops at Writing Pad.
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to learn some new chops, or brush up on old ones, Writing Pad offers some worthy courses to consider (at a discounted rate!)
Discounted subscription to Current, the news service for and about public media.
AIR and Current are happy to offer AIRsters a discount to readers of Current on their individual subscription – a year for $49, down from $89.