Radio Guide | Journalism - Associations & Organizations
CIIJ / Center for Integration and Improvement of Journalism
Founded at San Francisco State University.
- a lengthy resource guide includes funders, research, blogs, jobs, news and ethnic media sources.
Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma
at the University of Washington, Seattle.
- "the world's largest organisation of journalists....represents around 450,000 members in more than 100 countries."
- "an online service for journalists, media managers, media assistance professionals, journalism trainers and educators and anyone else with an interest in the state of the media around the world."
- "promote(s) and support(s) independent publications committed to social justice and a free press."
- provides educational services.
- supports women's growth and empowerment in journalism.
- a discussion listserv about the "history of journalism and mass communication."
- "…an ethnic media organization (of) print, broadcast (and) online (journalists) covering ethnic or minority communities in the United States."
- attends to fairness and accuracy in the reporting of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender issues.
- provides free legal assistance to journalists and is a resource on issues of free speech and access.
AUDIO & RADIO
Radio Networks & Stations:
JOURNALISM: THE NEWS AND THE MEDIA
PODCASTING AND BLOG MEDIA
Recommended Texts for further reading